One of the best live bands ever, puts out another great record.
If you've never seen Bowling for Soup in concert, add that to your bucket list. No one puts on a show quite like BFS. They're one of the most audience friendly bands you'll ever see and no show is ever the same.
With such a great live show you have to wonder how they are on record. The good news is, they are just as amazing!
Just a few highlights from the new record:
1) I've Never Done Anything Like This - Great duet with Kay Hanley from Letters to Cleo. This will remind you of all those great times in college you tried so hard to forget.
2) Turbulence - A serious song from a not-so-serious band. This reminds us that the four guys are real, just like we are. Put it on when you've had a tough day, I bet it picks you up. Also the first single. Look for the video sometime in the June timeframe.
3) Guard My Heart - The lost BFS song, newly recorded. Written by Erik. In a perfect world this would be the second top ten hit on this record. Let's hope someone in radio gives it a shot at some point.
4) Here's Your Freakin' Song - Classic BFS sing along silliness. About that girl that always wanted you to write a song about HER. She gets her wish, kind of. This one has one of those rambling dialogues by Jaret that always reminds me of their live show. Fun stuff.
5) S-S-S-Saturday and Friends, Chicks, Guitars - Great pop-punk. The two promo songs that preceded the record release. Reminiscent of songs such as "Almost" and "Girl all the Bad Guys Want". Both are good intro points if you are trying to get a new listener into BFS, or this record.
Another solid record, with not a bad song in the bunch. Run and buy it now so when you see the four boys from Denton Texas in concert, you will know all the freakin' words!
'til BFS comes back to the Carolinas (Come on Erik lives here!)
Keep the Adventure Alive,